How to get there
Drive / Cycle / Walk
Platbos forest is an easy 2.5-hour drive from Cape Town. Don’t miss out on the incredible farm stalls along the way!
For those who would prefer fully organised adventure, we offer a Weekender Road Trip ticket, which includes a festival ticket, transport to and from the festival from Cape Town and shared space in a rental tent.
Remember you might be arriving in the dark on Friday evening, so be sure to read these directions carefully and have them on hand.
- From Cape Town, take the N2 highway towards Hermanus.
- Take the Hermanus turn off and go directly into Hermanus town. Drive through Hermanus town towards Stanford on the R43.
- On the R43 road from Stanford to Gansbaai, look out for the Grootbos turn off on your left-hand side, approximately 12km after passing Stanford town. (If you get to Gansbaai you have gone too far)
- Turn left at the Grootbos turn off and travel for just over 6km along this tar, and then gravel, road (do not turn into the actual Grootbos Estate).
- Just before the 6km mark, you will see a turn off over a cattle grid on your right-hand side, and a wooden sign, ‘Platbos Forest’. This entrance to the forest is CLOSED for Festival goers. Please do not turn up this road as you cannot gain access to the Fest from here.
- Continue along the road you are on, following the Greenpop sign boards and flags. Turn right onto the entrance road (marked with Greenpop sign boards) immediately after you have passed the Platbos entrance.
- Follow the sign boards until you come to the Festival Entrance.